98 Forester Belts

I want to change my belts on my 1998 Forester. I've changed belts before years ago on older (1970's) cars when you had room under the hood but not on newer cars. Can anyone tell me if I may have a problem doing it myself? or should I just spend the money at the dealership? Looking under the hood it appears all is straight forward, but you never know.

THanks!!!!!

Reply to
LazyRussian

The EXTERNAL belts are extremely simple on the Subaru and take only 15 minutes and even less after you know how to do it. Tensioning is simple and precise. I run the engine for 10 minutes or so with the new belts and then retention before I put the guards back on. TG

Reply to
TG

Reply to
Edward Hayes

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:29:06 GMT, "Edward Hayes"

Yes the PS & AC

wrote:

Reply to
LazyRussian