98 Outback Heater Controls - This is not about bulbs!

My 98 Legacy Outback no longer changes the direction of the cabin airflow even though the buttons push and the lights light. Has anyone had this problem and can you give me any direction? Thanks. Please reply to apcsmith at cox dot net.

Reply to
alex

If I remember the dampers are vacuum pots, not electrical. Look for old leaky or hard rubber hose under dash. If none of the buttons works the problem is probably the supply hose lineso check around firewall on engine side.

Reply to
D&SW