'99 Subaru Forester Idle Problem?

We own a 1999 Subaru Forester. Recently the battery failed and I replaced it. After the battery was replaced, the car now has a rough idle, surging between 600rpm & 1000 rpm. Before the battery was replaced, it idled fine. What do I need to do to fix this? Is there a reset on something that needs to be set after a new battery is installed? Thanks for any help I get....

Reply to
KamiahKid

KK: Something you might check is a loose ground strap from chassis to engine. Also after a battery disconnect it might take a few minutes for the engine tio re-leart to idle.

Reply to
rd96svx