Dog slobber and new Outback

I drove the OB XT Limited and like it a lot, but I have two golden retrievers that drool, shed, sometimes get muddy, etc. The cargo area tray is a good start on containing the mess but the sides/seat backs are carpeted and headliner is fabric. Other than the dog barrier, Subaru doesn't seem to make anything to protect these areas. Is there anything available that won't uglify a new car that I can use to protect these areas and keep the mess contained?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Reply to
Zen Cohen

I have a solution for you.

1992 Loyale Wagon for sale soon, get it as a 'dog car'.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Reply to
news.radiant.net

In Australia we have a cover that slides over the back of the back seats and connects around the head rests of the front seats and forms a 'U' type protective cover for the seats and floor in the back. The doors and windows are still exposed however. The material is like a nylon, very tough and waterproof. I too have a golden retriever and an Outback and it all works fine. I'm sure they would be available in the States somewhere.

Reply to
Phil

Maybe something like this would help:

or something like it. Just a thought.

I put an old heavy throw in the back seat for my dog and just tuck it in. It works pretty well. He's a lab mix.

June

Reply to
JCZ

Zen Cohen scribbled:

You're welcome.

Reply to
Mark IV

Tie your dog to the front bumper.

Reply to
Candor Feg

Reply to
Kurt C. Hack

Get a Subaru Baja, put them in the bed. Get a shell if you don't want them to jump out or be exposed to the elements.

Put some old blankets down first that is what i did. goodness use some imagination !!

The dogs should be placed in the back seat, and fitted with doggie seat belts. What's more important, your dogs or your car?

Reply to
Alan

Reply to
Kurt C. Hack

I'd love to buckle my dog up, but he's a very tall 80 pound greyhound and is physically incapable of getting in the "sit" position, because he's so tight and muscle-bound. One nice thing about greyhounds is that they don't drool or shed much fur.

Hmm, that's what Zen Cohen (the OP) should do! Trade his Goldens in for greyhounds! ;-)

Tom

Reply to
Tom Reingold