Anyone Near Toledo, OH with a crush washer to spare?

Now i am mad!! I called my local Subaru dealer and asked about crush washers. they told me that they had plenty, in fact, come on down and we will give you a couple.

so i drive across town only to find out, that even though they are showing in the computer, they can only find 2 and they need them for oil changes in the next couple of days. So here i am almost at 3,000 miles and wanting to do my oil change this weekend now ,with no crush washer :(

They told me that they would have some by Thursday or Friday of next week :(

Oh well,

Mike

Reply to
Michael Smith

I always get one with my oil filter when I buy it. I always throw it away. I "treated myself" to a Fumoto drain valve. It takes much of the unpleasentness out of oil changes. Never regretted it for a second.

Of course, you might not find one of those in time for the weekend either...

Reply to
Cam Penner

Curious...aren't these pretty standard goodies available at any auto parts place?

Caveat: I did get mine from the dealer, but wonder that these should be pretty standard.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Just re-use the old one this time... no big deal.

Reply to
Spudster

Actually the dealer said that they were the only place in town to carry them.... which has me wondering... how do the so called instant oil chnages treat this? what if i went to jiffy lube everytime?

just a thought..... i think i am going to do what the other poster said and just re use this one... just this once.

mike

Reply to
Michael Smith

Reply to
null

Jiffy Lube probably would just use the old washer and then attempt to strip out the pan threads with an impact wrench - they might not succeed the first time, but maybe by the 4th or 5th.

Bill Putney

I like the Fumoto one. It's well built. It may stick up a small amount in the pan, but changing the oil with the car on a slight angle will overcome this.

Reply to
Cam Penner

I've always used an ordinary steel washer (of the correct size, supplied to me with each oil filter by Thomason Subaru) and have never had any problem.

I AM careful to torgue the drainplug to the correct setting (35-45 ft-lb for my car) using a torque wrench.

John

Reply to
John Eyles

Reply to