Anyone use Etop for Brakes?

It's time for a brake job and I was thinking it would be nice to have some cross drilled rotors. Has anyone had any experience with SR Performance rotors (cross drilled) and PBR Metal Master Pads purchased through Etop out of Canada? The whole setup for 4 wheels come in at about $300.00 as opposed to about $250.00 for a standard Raybestos Pro Grade setup, ceramic PG pads, PG standard rotors, etc from RockAuto.com.

2003 Subaru Legacy SE Wagon with the 16" wheels.

Any opinions, info, rants, appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne

WayneS

If I thought I needed high-performance rotors, I'd get slotted, not cross-drilled. I do think it's possible to have good performance from cros-drilled, but they have a poor record of cracking. Plus, today's better pad designs/materials probably make even slots unnecessary except for extreme conditions.

there's some good info around the web on these subjects i think YMMV of course. check the technical white papers through

, the reviews at
(or subarureviewS don't recall???) and the brake forum at
- read the 'stickies and threads of note before posting questions.

When I change pads i plan to keep my OEM rotors and use EBC Yellow pads. I only go to the track rarely - once or twice a year.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

In the same position w/ my WRX and going with Brembo blanks & Hawk HPS pads. IMO, cross-drilled/slotted are a total waste of $/time and actually perform worse than quality vented rotors in most situations. Real happy w/ the Brembo blanks w/ Hawk HP+'s on my rallyX/dirt EGT toy...yank the eyeballs out kinda braking without any fuss. YMMV.

Brent.

Reply to
blz

Hawk is VERY well repesected - good value.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Forgot to add, I would not recommend the Hawk HP+ for the majority of street users, hence me going with the HPS compound on the daily drive. The HP+'s are kinda noisy, moderately dusty, not too abusive on the rotors, yet they grab like...even when cold. I've run other pads that grabbed better (when hot) and others that were quieter/less dusty (less grab), but this is the only pad I've run that I'd consider as truly street/trackable. Hoping the HPS's are just a notch back from the HP+. ;-)

FWIW, I've had good dealings with: the Tire Rack

and TopBrakes
Brent.

Reply to
blz