94 Subaru Impreza Misses On Inclines

I have a 1994 Subaru Impreza.

It runs just fine except when I go uphill. It seems to misfire ?

Any suggestions ?

New plugs, wires, coil and fuel filter.

Reply to
Trout

I have a 1994 Subaru Impreza.

It runs just fine except when I go uphill. It seems to misfire ?

Any suggestions ?

New plugs, wires, coil and fuel filter.

Reply to
Trout

You might have a look to see if the fuel tank has been bashed, as this might cause the pickup to be out of position. Does it do it with a full tank? Also, the AWD cars have two pumps/pickups IIRC, one on each side if the tank. You might check to see that this system is working as advertised. Also, check the fuel vapor separator tank (whatever it's called); a small plastic tank, probably located beneath the plastic, behind the passenger side strut top. If this has accumulated gas, it might cause the problem you describe.

Happy hunting.

ByeBye! S.

Hi again!

Behind the _rear_ strut on the passenger side . . .

Bye! S.

I suppose the fuel pressure regulator could be bad? Is the problem 'load' related or is it the 'inclined position' that causes the problem?

Has this happened with more that one tank of gas? (maybe some water in the gas?)

just speculating.......

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

I had a wiring problem on a relay that powered the ECU that caused this in my Alfa. It was also triggered by sufficient acceleration and sometimes bumps... it was very hard to find.

Try jiggling all the wiring harnesses with the engine idling and see if you hear any hic-ups.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath