At the risk of seeming vain...

...I thought you guys might like to see a pic of my car. Thsi is from last year's trip to the track. I'm going again this saturday with my new springs.

fyi

Carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Not vain, nice ride. I hope you stayed ahead of that ungly Lotus behind you?!?!?

Good luck Saturday and post some more pics

Reply to
John

The track has their own photographer and I doubt I'll buy pics from the coming saturday - unless something 'exciting' happens (please NO!)

With a 40% chance of rain - the subes have an opportunity to RULE the track! hah!

more pics;

after the springs and SS braided brakelines were installed. Not slammed, just a nice 1" or so drop;
My baby is never in the garage - I spent some money on decent tint and a dash cover to help protect it. They let you pick flag/logos and initials up to 3 letters. This is what I decided to get;
anybody else got pics of their whip?

Carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

springs.http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/data/500/3142plateless.JPG>

Naa.. Not vain..))

How did you do against that Llise ??

VF

Reply to
houndman

drop;

get;

Where did you get the dash cover, does it eliminate the dash reflecting onto the windsheild? Some materials have shiny fibers in them that are even harder on my eyes, and distracting. Having the base model, I might get SVO printed on mine. ))

Thinking about tint, but have to see how the dimming rear view mirror works, and test with hanging some tint. A buddy with a Charger says he can't see out the back.

VF

Reply to
houndman

A Subaru owner/fan calling another car "ugly" ? :)

I like Subarus, but IMHO they have not ever been beautiful and recent models are worse. OTOH, for me the original Lotus Elise was very beautiful, and although the current model has some details that I don't like much (headlights and the radiator vents), it is still a nice car:

BTW, a Subaru Impreza in its native environment:

Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro

Nice! But if my car was ever that clean I would mistake it for somebody else's! (-;

~Brian

strchild

springs.http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/data/500/3142plateless.JPG>

Looks good in the monochrome white.... Pics of my son's car are here (along with the wrecked Legacy).

Dan D '99 Impreza RS2.5 (son's) Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

drop;

get;

I think I ordered the cover on line but it appears to be the same as what Pep Boys offers - not sure. There ARE some shiny,'sparkly' fibers in it but I had no distractions from the dash area before or after. My wife seems much more sensitive to reflections/dirt on the the windshiled than I am and I certainly could undersatand others being concerned about it.

I found a guy who did tinitnig out of his house. So the savings on labor charges I spent towards a better film. I got Huper Optik. OH - one thing, subes have the radio antenna in the glass and I've read that metallic film can suppress signal strength - I guess AM only??? Anyway, ceramic film should avoid that. You COULD leave the back untinted. Or just get a lighter tint. I dunno where you live, but tint is most helpful here in summer - even at the expense of occasional reduced visibility reversing.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Well, I did a pretty good job of posting pics after a good washing! The wheels were grey AFTER track day was over!

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

springs.http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/data/500/3142plateless.JPG>>

Well, as the Scandinavian instructor said after encouraging us to check the rearview mirrors just before the passing zones; "If you see cars stacked up behind you, God did not put them there!" I passed 3-4 other cars on occasion and 6-7 cars passed me fairly regularly. There were cars from a Saturn Vue up to a ZO6 'Vette. And cars bone stock to a very highly modded VW. Along with noob drivers like myself to previous graduates.

Actually, one of the instructors was in the Lotus and that pic was taken early in the day IIRC during a 'lead-follow' session. His group was right behing the group I was in - following a Mustang.

The class is offered by

and they use
's track.

It is faster and a lot ($195) more expensive than autox. Anyone reading this that might like some safe-ish fun in their car, take it to the track and not on the street. There are 'High Performance Driving Experience' classes all across the country. Plus, local autox groups. Also, there is

which shows up around the country at major cities every year or 2. I got a t-shirt and other goodies, BBQ meal and a lot of fun with other soob drivers for $35 !

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

springs.http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/data/500/3142plateless.JPG>>

link?

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

drop;

get;

I'm in the mid atlantic, so doesn't get all that hot, but can get humid. I am more sensitive to heat now.

I wanted a light color, preferably white, but the closest one was

300mi from me, so I sent with the Crystal Gray met. which seems like it stays pretty cool. When I have hounds I like to take them with me often, so wanted a lighter color for them also.

I saw the silver tint and thought that would look good with the car color, but my tint happy friend, and one who used to install it warned against it.. Being one who doesn't like anything that makes driving more difficult, a light tint, that just cut some glare would probably be my choice, but then the front and rear are the most important. I Don't like not being able to see the driver in a car, since I can't see what they are looking at, and if they are paying attention.

Have to get the inside rear view morror connected, and looks like I need an adapter, and sure would like to have the diming outside mirrors, but haven't found them

Reply to
houndman

I never had to deal with mag wheels and the brake dust, and decided to wax the rims, and it has cut down the dust on them to almost nothing. I told a guy who was waxing a car, and he said it Doesn't help.(??) I had tried different cleaning and waxes, to see if it made a difference. Used Dupont Teflon on one side, and a Colored liquid wax I had. One side I washed with Turtle Zip wash & wax, and the the other with a all purpose cleaner, and they all worked the same.

VF

Reply to
houndman

drop;

get;

Will have to check Pep Boys. Didn't know they sold dash mats. Maybe some stove polish or a misting with flat black paint will dull down the sparklers, or I can use the mat as a template, or cover it.

A person's height or seat position may cause more or less reflection. I find it fatigues my eyes, though so far the reflections in the Sube haven't made me Need to do something. Maybe the more rounded shapes or in the same plane makes it less of a problem.

Had a pair of sun glases that I liked, that got scratched, and they would fatigue my eyes SO much my eyes felt like they were being stuck with pins. Bending the frames to put the scratches completely out of focus fixed it. I think my eyes were constantly trying to focus on the scratches and then the road that fatigued them.

VF

Reply to
houndman

drop;

get;

Pepboy's gets them from Cover Craft. They sell a carpet and a velore one. Looks like you have carpet, ever see the velore?

VF

Reply to
houndman

drop;

get;

I think rally cars use suede to reduce the glare. I may have ordered mine through ebay - I just don't recall. If you don't want the logos and intitials you'll save a lot of money - those options were pricey.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

drop;

get;

I don't think so. maybe in someone else's car but, nah, I really don't recall.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

drop;

get;

Think I'll try the velore since you said yours does have some shinny fibers. May have to use it as a template.

VF

Reply to
houndman

drop;

get;

suede sounds like it would be good, or even simulated if the velore doesn't get it. I have some in brown, hanging on a wall in the house, covering carpet foam to stop the ringing when playing the stereo loud, or hounds would bark when getting ready to go for a walk.

VF

Reply to
houndman