bad mech...

Hi!

Haven't been here for a while... At 51K I have only replaced the tires and battery. No complaints.

A neighbourhood service station with a good reputation put an extra

0.4 -0.5 quarts into it. (The local Subie dealership is bad; - they got pissed when they saw a U-Haul hitch on it, so they where out of the question.)

What happens then? Stupid me didn't check and correct it for about two hundred miles...

However, a couple of weeks ago the "check engine" light came on the local O'Reilly reset it. *Missfire". Soon it came back on 8-(((

The sons of the woman next door are into cars: - one is a mech at a large Honda dealership.

I asked them to replace the plugs and wires. The left side, facing the car from front, had oil in the plug-holes (in lack of a better word).

One of the plugs on that side looked as if it had fallen down and had a lot smaller gap. Also, that plug's spacer was 1/8 of an inch from being all the way seated, and had burned oil between the spacer and plug...

My gasmilage was down, but I fugured it was the 10% ethanol and much city driving.

I reset the computer as adviced here whan I asked about the driver profile. Now it drives like a totally different car! Super!

Questions: What harm could the overfilled oil do?

What harm could the only partially spark/power have caused -if any?

Harald

Reply to
03focus

Forget the Focus, that was the little woman's. I am the proud owner of an '03 Forester :)))

Reply to
03focus

I'd say there is little chance of serious or even moderate harm. The PCV valve and even the hoses MAY get fouled by some excess oil. Probably need cleaning/replacemnt at 51K anyway - do it after the next 'proper' oil change. Hard to say about the plug issue. I suppose running a tap in/out that plug's threads might be a good idea - could prevent seizing in the future - maybe. Though I'm just speculating on that. Maybe someone else here has some thoughts.

I dunno

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan