MX3 suddenly won't start. Suggestions?

Hello,

I've had my 1994, 4 cylinder, MX3 for 18 months now. Its been the model of reliability, always starting in very cold weather without a problem.

Suddenly yesterday, it decided not to start at all (and since then). The weather has been near freezing and damp with rain, but this has never been a problem before.

The battery easily cranks the engine, but there is not even a hint of it firing.

Any suggestions about what might be wrong, and what I might do it get it started so I can drive it to the shop?

Thanks in advance, D

Reply to
Dave

Hello,

Just a follow up to my last message:

I pulled up the electrical contact to each spark plug and found three plugs clean and dry. The fourth spark plug was swimming in oil.

Aside from oil leaking around the spark plug itself, how else could oil get into the cylinder cavity that houses the top (electrical) end of the spark plug?

Could this oil short out the high voltage generator and damage it?

(Please pardon my ignorance of how these things work)

Thanks in advance, D

Reply to
Dave