Bought a new Subaru

Hi Bill,

I understand what you mean completely. Thankfully, this was fresh, untouched powder or else I would've parked elsewhere. It just happened to be very high. I think my area got 20 inches of snow. That day, the temp was really high so as the plowed areas melted, my car remained on the high snow plateau. I'm not a door snow pusher either. I usually park the passenger side tight against a wall, snow pile, cart corral etc so I have mucho room for my door. More importantly, it means more room for the steaming hordes of other drivers to swing their doors open without a care in the world. Your post did make me more thoughtful as to watching out for my undercarriage. Thanks!

kaboomie

Reply to
kaboom

POWDER?!?! You got POWDER?!?!

What fell here was almost slush before it hit the ground! That crap was HEAVY!

Reply to
hachiroku

**Yup. It was more slushy in the beginning when I drove home from work on Saturday. When I got up and went to work on Sunday, I walked into it and it was totally powder. I wanted to make sure that it wasn't heavy or icy before I drove into it because I knew it would hit the undercarriage. Also, this was very early in the morning, so the warm day hadn't kicked in yet.
Reply to
kaboom

Do you oil your cars?

Reply to
hachiroku

**Oil my cars? I don't know what you mean by that, but aside from cleaning it and light maintenance and fluid checks, I follow manufacturer guidelines and pay the dealership to do it :)

kaboomie

Reply to
kaboom

Oiling. You take hydraulic oil and some big pans and a sprayer, like a metal insecticide sprayer. Open the doors and put the pans under the doors, remove the rubber stoppers and spray. Let the oil drip into the pans, then move the pans under the rocker panels. Remove the rocker panel covers and spray the rocker panels. Let the oil drip into the pans. Recover the oil that dripped, put it back in the sprayer and go around the rest of the car, then give it a good spray underneath.

I wish someone had done that with my EA82...

There's a guy in Vernon VT that was doing it for $50, but that's about what the oil alone costs!

Oh, then drive it up and down a nice dry dirt road a few times....

Reply to
hachiroku