Brake peddle to the floor on '05

Greetings ,

My wife & I have a '05 impreza RS wagon, she had said that at a stop sign on the way to work & the peddle went to the floor. I had notice lately it would seem to be going lower on the floor , but never all the way. It's got 10k miles & abs system. I had been watching the fluid & it OK ,always full. I do all my own oil changes with Mobil 1, never needed much. So I never had brought to the dealer. Any idea what it could cause this type of thing ? Would it be OK to bring it to the dealer ? Also would the dealer make good on like say mastercylinder. Would it still be under warranty ? Bought it new ! Wondering what the dealer would tell me, I have all the slips for the oil changes. Help if this problem ever happen to you. Thanks..

Reply to
odyssey

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 23:36:36 -0400, against all advice, something compelled "odyssey" , to say:

Failed master cylinder.

Hell yeah.

On a two year old car!? Fuck yes, if for no other reason than to avoid the lawsuit should you not be able to stop and kill some little kid.

The engine oil has nothing to do with the brakes. If you shot holes in the cylinder head, the car should still be able to stop.

Reply to
Steve Daniels

My wife & I have a '05 impreza RS wagon, she had said that at a stop sign on the way to work & the peddle went to the floor. I had notice lately it would seem to be going lower on the floor , but never all the way. It's got 10k miles & abs system. I had been watching the fluid & it OK ,always full. I do all my own oil changes with Mobil 1, never needed much. So I never had brought to the dealer. Any idea what it could cause this type of thing ? Would it be OK to bring it to the dealer ? Also would the dealer make good on like say mastercylinder. Would it still be under warranty ? Bought it new ! Wondering what the dealer would tell me, I have all the slips for the oil changes. Help if this problem ever happen to you. Thanks..

--- REPLY SEPARATOR --- (required only because above poster used quoted-printable format) (not recommended for Usenet posts) (HTML is also not recommended for Usenet posts)

See:

Vanguard