Brake Peddle return

We have a VW trike. When we first got it on the road we had great brakes with the peddle coming all the way back but now, for some reason, the peddle needs to have a strong spring on it in order for it to return to where is should be. Why is that?

Reply to
RicLee

Take the spring off. Then unclip the pushrod from the Pedal. Now, see if the pedal moves freely. If not, the shaft is rusty or needs lube. You *might* be able to work oil into it; otherwise the Clutch Pedal has to come off to gain access.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim