Can a tuneup affect the performance of a Griffin RoadTrip iPod player?

Recently, I had the 100k mile tuneup on my 2000 OBW, including new sparkplugs, etc. Prior to the tuneup, my RoadTrip wireless FM iPod player worked well. Now, there is a high-pitched background tone that makes listening to the iPod through the RoadTrip unbearable.

Would anything the mechanic did during the tuneup cause the high-pitched tone? Any solutions?

Reply to
David Crist

Verify the plugs and/or plug wires he installed are the same or equivilant to the ones he removed.

Have him check to see that all the plug wires are fully seated.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Going from resistor spark plugs to none resistor spark plugs can do this, as can replacing suppression wires with none suppression spark plug wires.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom