coolant smell

There's the smell of coolant when I have the heater on and the vent open. With the vents closed, the smell goes away. There doesn't seem to be any significant loss of coolant from the reservoir. Has anyone else run into this and why? A friend thought it may be a pinhole leak somwhere. It's a WRX wagon 02 with 30k. Thanks.

Reply to
tom

Does it happen when you have the heater turned on? If so, it's probably a bad heater core. I had one go out on my '95 Impreza when it was about 4 years old.

Reply to
Aaron M