Cruise switch bulb replacement

Please how do you (easily and cheaply) replace the cruise switch bulb(s) in a 99 Legacy? Gil

Reply to
Gil Cleeton

Take the car to a dealer... the switch bulbs carry a lifetime warranty...

Reply to
Andrew Morris

Reply to
ismlv

(next to the cruise switch on my 99 SUS Ltd.)....... asked a

warranty and actually told me he didn't think it was worth the price

I can. Anyone know how easy it is?

If you pop any of those switches out (they're held in by wide prongs at top and bottom), the bulbs retainers are right there on the outside of switch housing. I haven't actually changed any of mine out, but I did install a third switch for a set of driving lights, and it looked pretty easy. The bulbs look to be similar to mini-Mag lite bulbs, with wire leads that need to be bent to sit in the switch housing/retainer rings. Finding the bulbs might actually be the hard part.

Reply to
CompUser

(next to the cruise switch on my 99 SUS Ltd.)....... asked a

warranty and actually told me he didn't think it was worth the price

I can. Anyone know how easy it is?

Thanks for the info. I'll have a go at it tomorrow. I figure I might just see if I can get it apart and then possibly ask the dealer what the bulb price would be. They can't cost THAT much.... I hope. My friends say I should just deal with it being burnt out since the car is a

99 but I'm almost to 100K miles and I plan to keep it another 4 or 5 years .... plus I'm just generally picky about my car.
Reply to
ismlv

These things are very easy to change, and any dealer that says they're not worth doing hasn't a clue what is required. By the way, they also may NOT be burned out just because they happen to be not working. They are a self-contained little bulb on a base disc and when you put them in, you twist them into position. I had the cruise lights in our Foresters replaced

3 times before watching the actual change done the 3rd time. I saw that the bulb taken out had not been fully twisted into locked position in the first place. I tried it afterwards and it was good, not needing to be replaced. Good luck. By the way, there are two bulbs in there, one to show that the cruise is turned on, the other to light up when your dash lights are turned on. They were different color base discs on mine, one green and one orange, but I think the technician replaced one color with the other on one of those replacement jobs, and it worked fine, (as I recall?)
Reply to
D H