Cylinder misfire with no EGR valve?

My 1996 subaru recently had a cylinder misfire. I have check everywhere for the ERG valve but no luck. I bought the car and it has a cold air intake installed in it, would this have anything to do with there being no EGR valve? I have check the spark plugs and all the spark plug wires. Everything is good. only thing I know left to do is change the fuel injectors. Any ideas?

Reply to
Rebecca

or the ERG valve but no luck. I bought the car and it has a cold air intake= installed in it, would this have anything to do with there being no EGR va= lve? I have check the spark plugs and all the spark plug wires. Everything = is good. only thing I know left to do is change the fuel injectors. Any ide= as?

Don't just throw parts at it. Post your city, maybe someone can recommend a mechanic in your area. Many things can cause a misfire code. First thing would be to clear it and monitor if/how quickly it returns. I've had a bad battery throw misfire and other codes.

Not all Soobs have EGR valves, but they are usually on the driver's side toward the back of the engine. many people just clean them and re- install. Try google search for images. also, opposedforces.com will have some diagrams and part numbers.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan