Poor performance at 85 mph on my 88 C4

Does anyone know if the factory installed a speed control or RPM limiter on 88 C$'s. Mine runs very rough, and seems to be misfiring at

85+. Any suggestions for resolving?
Reply to
lifeskills

No governor on that baby---it should be loafing at 85 & 90. Grade of gas? Plugs & wires? HEI coil, distributor & module? The long shots: Knock sensor is signaling the Electronic Spark Control to retard the spark.

Does it feel like it's leaning out? Fuel pressure slump?

As these cars age, we hit 'strange' problems like primary ignition wiring faults and failure to pull enough ignition current. I'd not expect that to show up at 85 but it might be worth a look if everything else checks out.

Reply to
PJ

maybe stopped up gas filter ?

Reply to
'Key

No rpm or spped limiter was installed.....check the following...

Fuel filter fuel pump in tank filter fuel pump fuel injectors spark plugs spark plug wires dist module egr valve egr valve control module

One of those should be your problem..check in the order shown...

Reply to
Lone Wolf

Or maybe the cat has a hair ball choking it off???

Reply to
Dad

ROFLAO!

Reply to