Doohickey That Blocks Air Intake 04 OBW

I noticed a plastic piece that is attached to the hood and seems to fit in front of the air intake when hood is closed. Why wouls the air intake be obstructed? Will harm come if I remove it? Any Benefits? Thanks

Reply to
Jkpoulos7

It's supposed to keep road debris from getting into the snorkus in the fender, which means it blocks ram-air as well.

I removed mine 40K miles ago.

Just vacuum out the airbox when you change air filters.

Reply to
Skweezieweezie