EA81 stalls at idle

Ok, The last time I posted about this problem I got the description wrong (its my wifes car and I misunderstood what she said :). We have a 1983 1800 4WD EA81 (OHV) soob.

It stalls intermitantly at idle. It wont do it all the time - or whenever I try to make it do it. Randomly the engine will die when slowing down at the lights or turning a corner. Start her up and off she goes again perfectly until the next time it happens. I have replaced the ignition unit and there seems to be a spark.

Funny thing is I have a mate who has exactly the same problem on the same model car. He has had the carb blown out, PCV valve cleaned etc etc and still have the same problem.

Any suggestions? Al Blake, Australia

Reply to
scubaal

I dunno, but if no luck here, try posting in the appropriate forum at

Carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan