EA82/EA81 parts swap?

Hey all... I've got access to an old carb'd EA-82 from an '86 GL wagon. My '85 GL hatch with an EA-81 could use a little extra pep, but from the sounds of it, the frame's not wide enough for a true engine swap. Any thoughts on swapping parts (carb, intake manifold, distributor come to mind) for increased performance? How about economy? I'd actually like to retrofit an ECU and SPFI to the EA-81, but don't have a donor car for that. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-Cory

Reply to
papenfussDIESPAM

Ed Rachner

I agree with Ed about visiting the Ultimate Subaru message board. One of the changes they will probably recommend is putting on a Weber carburetor.

Bill Putney