flasher circuit wierdness

Hi Soobie folx,

I'm having a little problem with my turn signal/hazzard function in my '91 Legacy. It started a few weeks ago when I started doing deliveries in it and found myself using the hazzards a little more often.

As it happens, the turns/hazzards blink at a gradually faster rate until finally they cease to flash and just stay on. It's happenned twice now, once it seemed as though it was permanent, then it fixed itself, only to start again last night.

I posted earlier to this group, very quickly and not so precisely asking about the location of the flasher on my car. I meant the actual 'behind the scenes' gizmo that makes things go blink-blink, while some kind woman was nice enough to help me locate the button on the dash that activates the hazzards. (he-he).

Anyway, since this has happened I've been to the parts store and looked at a picture of the component on the computer screen, but I've looked all around both fuse boxes on the car and still haven't found the little bastard. The guy at the store also brought up the idea that it could be a bad switch (either signal or hazzard, probably not both) that is causing the problem.

I'd appreciate any insight anyone out there might have regarding what's going on here, or at least where the flasher (relay) is.

Thanks, Shannon.

Reply to
<rpi