Forester clutch

My '01 Forester with about 72,000 miles on it has got something wankie with its clutch. It's a manual 5 speed that feels like there is a power loss when I am cruising at a steady speed and give it gas but not so much to change gears. I watch the tach RPM's drop before it picks up. This happens at highway speeds and lower speeds. I checked my clutch fluid level and it's fine, well at the "MAX" line.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance group!

KDW

Reply to
no spam for me

Since the RPMs drop, instead of increase when you give it gas it doesn't sound like clutch slippage to me. On the other hand it isn't clear to me exactly what you're trying to say.

Also clutch fluid isn't related in any way to slippage. It's the fluid for the hydraulic system that activates your clutch. When that system isn't working well, you will have problems disengaging your clutch.

Here's a clutch slippage test: Apply the brake. Let the clutch out. Either the clutch slips or the engine stalls.

Reply to
David