From OP:

Hi,

Why, if over 60 ?

Harder ride, steering, or...?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

Sounds facetious. I'm over 70 and drive a Forester as does my wife. My 70 year old brother has an Outback. Factor in all cases was awd.

Reply to
Frank

It was just a joke - one of the stereotypes is that Hondas are only driven by the elderly. :-)

Reply to
Your Name

If you want to continue a conversation in an existing thread, use the Reply or FollowUp button in your newsreader. The New button creates a

*new* and DISCONNECTED thread.
Reply to
VanguardLH
65 and drive a clutch Forester ( 08) and I have polio in my right leg.....Nonsense......the perfect automobile.....

Reply to
Bob Greene

Yes, but who uses the word "automobile" these days? ;-)

Reply to
cameo

Ouch! I've recently joined the automatic transmission club with my Tribeca, but before that I was driving a manual Outback. That Subaru clutch has to be one of the hardest ones in the entire car business. I guess my legs got stronger just using that clutch. Couldn't imagine doing that with polio.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Several months back I bought my first auto trans Subaru. I had 'totaled' a '02 wrx 5sp manual (at about 6-8mph...?!) and replaced it with a '13 Outback 2.5L CVT.

I've never liked automatics paired with a small motor but I must admit that this new CVT has impressed me. It doesn't lug the engine or hunt on hills and it reacts fast enough to avoid that "what's it doing?" feeling. Granted I probably drive the Outback a bit more sedately than the wrx but the fact that it doesn't aggravate me in a 3400+ lb 170 hp car is a very pleasant surprise. Maybe I'll take it through the coast range in a few days and see how it does on steeper snow covered slopes.

Reply to
thumper

I am extremely fascinated by the CV transmission, I was hoping they would have it on my Tribeca when I bought it, but it looks like the CVT is only paired with 4-cyl Subarus, not the 6-cyl. I'm also curious about how reliable the CVT remains during the overall life of the car, i.e. will parts wear down in it, and how fast?

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

I am also skeptical about it's durability. This is a second generation design and requires no maintenance if I recall correctly. (I better check that) It has good warranty coverage so time will tell...

Reply to
thumper

try vw amarok

Reply to