Fuel Atomizer 2000 on Subaru?

Has anyone experience with "Fuel Atomizer 2000"? Does it really work? Comparing to another "fuel savers" (i.e. magnets on gas lines), it seems to be more reasonable - it viporizes some gas, mixes it with air and puts to air intake. Here is a link:

Have anybody tried it?

Reply to
Guest

I have some snake oil to sell you also.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Perry

I'm not selling them. I want to buy it on eBay. And by the way, I have found better price than on this website.

Reply to
Guest

You missed my point entirely. If you believe their claims, and are willing to actually pay for one, you might as well buy some snake oil also. Both will work equally well. Injectors control the amount of fuel in the cylinder (using computers), puting more fuel into the air before it enters the combustion chamber will only serve to screw up the fuel to air ratio that the computer is working so hard to maintain.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Perry

Well technically, it will work, the liquid fuel injected into the combustion chamber required some thermal energy to get "atomized"

By raising the temperature of the fuel, it will require less enrgy from the combustion chamber and will recycle part of the heat from the exhaust system. I could compute the real saving but i quick estimate would be in the 0.1% range!

Now for "REAL" devices that "REALLY" improve the fuel economy:

Cruise control Driving speed and driving style Air pressure gauge ( when used weekly on the tires) Engine oil (I do not want to to start the synthetic oil debate again but a

1-2.5% difference in my case) Plugs (I do not want to to start the iridium-platinium plug debate again but a 1.5-2% difference in my case) Clean air filter Empty the trunk (weight is a big factor in fuel economy and performance).

Charles Leblanc

2000 Impreza
Reply to
Charlez

Do the words of P.T. Barnum ring a bell?

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

Oh yeah...that thing is GREAT!!!

..but, be sure and put BOTH of the "FA-2000" stickers on, as soon as you get it.

I only put one of the stickers on the first month, and only saved 25% on gas. After the putting on that second sticker, is when I got the

50% gas savings, LOL LOL!!!

Chicks love it, too!!

Reply to
CompUser

But be careful. I put 5 stickers on my car and the gas tank overflowed.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

This type of device will work well with throttle-body injection or a carburetor system where the air and fuel actually mix in the intake manifold. I doubt you will see any difference in a multi-port style injection system where the fuel is pumped directly into the cylinder......

I saw an info-mercial for the Tornado I think they call it. They never actually bragged about gas savings for injected vehicles in that one.....

Reply to
oothlagre

A minor nit. To the best of my knowledge, multi-port injection squirts the gas into the intake manifold behind the intake valve, not into the cylinder.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

This type of device has been around since the early fifties, and maybe even before. I distinctly remember readin their ads in Popular Mechanics. Someone, (I think Motor Trend), finally tested them and found them worse than worthless. No gain in power or response, and mileage was atually a little worse. If you think about it, a number of highly paid engineers spend their carreers designing intake systems tuned to a particular engine. It's hard to believe that adding a device that interrupts the flow would be of any benefit.

They didn't work with carburetors, and they won't work with any kind of fuel injection.

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of youth that doth not grow stale with age." ---- J.W Muller

Reply to
George Adams

But they might, if combined with those horsepower pellets you drop in the crankcase that dissolve in the oil and coat all the surfaces of the engine to make them super slippery...

What other scams do you suppose are about to be revived next?

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

Maybe the "Mini Supercharger", kind of an early variant of the Fuel Atomizer.

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of youth that doth not grow stale with age." ---- J.W Muller

Reply to
George Adams

You mean that hamster wheel for the air box? :)

Reply to
Chris Phillipo

Perfect description!