Fuel injector problems

Looking for any comments, insight etc. on a problem we are having with our

2000 Legacy. Since we have owned the car from basically new (9000 kms when purchased) we have had the fuel injector on the # 3 cylinder replaced twice and had all of the injectors and the computer replaced once. I cannot find a TSB or anything about fuel injector problems anywhere on the "whirled wide web"

Now the "Check Engine Light" is on again... car is backfiring somewhat and chugging in the lower gears. Of course the car is off warranty so I am expecting a problem if it is related to the fuel injectors.

Has anyone else had similar problems? If so what kind of resolution did you get?

Reply to
D Wrate

I had the exact same problems - check engine light going on, fuel injectors replaced and rough performance at low speeds. It turns out the problem was the ECU (engine control unit - main computer). There were a number of defective ECUs in the 2000 legacy (there was a recall on these but the replacement was defective as well). I have gone thru

3 of them and now all is well. Good luck!
Reply to
Steve Real