turbo lag

My 97 Legacy GTB has a cronic turbo lag problem at low revs and at about 4-5 rpm. Would replacing the smaller primary turbo with a ball berring turbo fix this or am i looking in the wrong place?. As i understand it, twin turbos are supposted to make turbo lag non-existant

Ryan

Reply to
Ryan

JaySee

Mmmm... I have exactly the same problem with my '97 GTB over the same rev range. Only happens when I am not using lots of throttle. I am sure its not turbo lag though as when I change up a gear, I am still down on power. This continues till I ease off the power, then bang, powers back.... weird, but a pain in the arse also. Would appreciate ideas of where to start looking. As far as I know, the only engine mod is an oversize exhaust. I did find a badly split vacuum hose going in to the primary turbo gate (think this is what it is anyway), but this had no effect on the power problem metioned above when fixed. Have just recently had the plugs replaced, but again, no change. Help please

Simon

Reply to
Simon

Reply to
Ryan

Nope... that didnt work. Garage is still looking

Reply to
Simon