Getting Cold Outside Air Inside

Have a new, 2005 OBW, L.L. Bean edition.

We cannot figure out how to get cold outside air in through the vents without it being heated up.

We set the temperature as low as it will go on the display, 65 degrees, and hit the Auto button in order to get the fan to turn on.

When we do so and put our hand in front of the intake vents, we can definitely feel that the air is been heated.

In my other car, a 13-year old BMW, without electronic controls, you simply turn the temperature setting down as far as it will go, turn on the fan, and get cold, unheated air through the intake vents.

Is there no way to do this in the new OWB wagon?

Many thanks, as always, bob

Reply to
Bob

Well, if the place where the temp sensor is located is colder than 65F, the incoming air will be heated. That is how the system is designed.

I have not driven the OB wagon, but did test drive a 2006 Forester with climate control. There seems to be a small dot just to the left of the 65 deg mark on the temp control. I assumed this would turn off the heater but did not really test it

-- Vic Roberts Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

Reply to
Victor Roberts

Try turning OFF the automatic setting. Then use the fan.

Reply to
fuzzheadjoe

There's the problem. There seems to be no way to turn on the fan w/o the Auto setting being active/appearing on the "screen" above the fan and temperature controls.

Am I missing something? Can you do this?

bob

Reply to
R. Gerard

This is what I was afraid was going to be the case.

I'll take a look and see if ours has that dot or not.

bob

Reply to
R. Gerard

Turn the A/C off... and the auto off...

Reply to
Mike Lloyd

I haven't checked out the new body yet, but on the previous model, you just had to turn auto *off*, turn a/c *off*, turn the temp control to coldest and then select your fan setting.

Just a thought, is there nothing in the manual? Cheers

Nothing in the

Reply to
hippo

Yep, tried that first, believe it or not. I don't think it's very proper to ask folks questions here without first doing a little legwork oneself like RTFM.

The manual is less than clear on this one.

Thanks, bob

Reply to
R. Gerard

Then turn the air on and set the thermo to >80 degrees. I'm thinking that ther compressor won't kick in.

Reply to
rol1