Goodyear TT - Gas Mileage?

I'm at 50,000 miles on my Geolander 900's - and hope to get another 5 to 8,000 out of them. I have no complaints with the Yokohamas, but have read many rave reviews here on the GoodYear Triple Treads, so am considering switching to them when the time comes. But several reviews (by Subaru owners) on TireRack claim that the TT's give reduced gas mileage compared to the Geolanders. Those of you Subie owners who are using TTs - did your mileage go down with them? Thanks,

Larry Davis 2003 Forester XS

Reply to
Larry Davis
2004 XS, changed to TT's at 17000km. I log every tank, every cost on my vehicle. There was no change in mileage outside of roughly 2% difference in tire size. I get an average (combined city/hwy/logging roads) of 9.046 litres/100km. Best (mostly hwy) 7.4 litres/100km.
Reply to
Grolsch
2% up or down from the stock rubbers?

Reply to
Mike Lloyd

the TT's are roughly 2% smaller diameter so 2% lower mileage.

Reply to
Grolsch

I have them on my 2002 OB with no noticeable difference. Great tires though.

-Kurt

Larry Davis wrote:

Reply to
Kurt C. Hack