Help !!!! Subaru Impreza

The vehicle is a 1994 Subaru Impreza

Symtoms:

  1. Check Engine Light is always on.

  1. Both radiator fans constantly running.

  2. Hard as heck to start.

  1. Only starts when gas pedal is to the floor and man, it's a rough start.

Once started and warmed - runs perfectly. Someone said to replace thermosensor.

Any help ?

Reply to
Trout

mulder

AutoZone will pull the code for you then check back to this thread to find out what is the problem.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Reply to
mulder

Agent Mulder is totally on point -- I had to do the same thing recently to my daughters car for the exact same starting problems you have.

When you do replace the sensor, be sure to reset the computer because initially it will be hard to start - even after the replacement has been done. I initially thought that I had made a mistake replacing the sensor but after resetting the computer the car started just fine again.

Remco

Reply to
remcow

Code for the temp sensor is 21. Trout - do you need a proc to self-diag the codes? If so, welcome to E me without the nospam. I'm assuming it's the same as on a 91 Legacy unless someone else tells me that's wrong! Cheers

Reply to
hippo

Here are some links for reading the trouble code and resetting the computer:

Remco

Reply to
Remco

I want to thank all of you for helping me with my thermo sensor problem.

I want to give a BIG thanks to REMCO for sending me JPG photos and talking me through the process to include leaving the battery cable disconnected for a period of time to reset the ECM.

REMCO, for as long as I have two kidneys, you will stay alive.

Thanks

Reply to
Trout