Help - SVX and dealership

My wife's SVX has been into the local Phoenix dealership three times for A/C problems.

My wife has to drop the car off again due to no A/C. So, far the high pressure hose and various O rings have been replaced. At 105 degrees plus local temps this is really starting to get annoying.

The dealership (Pitre/Power) and their service manager respond with "whenever a new part is installed, it will most likely put pressure on a weaker item". I have never had this problem with any other vehicle I have had serviced with A/C problems.

I have contacted Subaru of America customer service and they are useless other than trying to sell me another Subaru.

Can someone please recommend an independant shop in the Phoenix area that is reliable and can fix my wife's SVX.

By the way, the same dealer (Pitre) had to replace rear bearings, it took them three visits before they fixed it correctly. My wife has driven 5000 miles on the existing wheel bearing replacement and it is already starting to "howl". The dealer claims it's tire noise. I bought new tires and the dealer still claims "tire noise".

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
"gw%n

Don't have an0y svx experience but a close friend owned one for years. The rear wheel bearing problem is just that. My friend replaced the same bearing 3 times before he got it right. He discovered during the process the bearing does not come prepacked with bearing grease. Learned this after installing the second bearing. Thrid time he replaced the bearing and the hub and that solved the bearing failure problem.

Reply to
johninKY

The first thing I would do is stop going to that dealer.

Reply to
Ragnar

The bearings are a well known weak point on an otherwise amazing vehicle. Had I been able to find one in my area a few years back, I would be driving that instead of my Outback. As for the A/C, I'm thinking your dealer is inept. I've never heard such a statement, and when I had parts of my Outback's system replaced due to an accident, I never noticed any leakage, despite the fact that the rest of the system is 10 years old.

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker