HOLD THE WD 40!!!

Two posts recommending WD40. WD40 is not a lubricant; in fact, over time WD40 can remove lubricants!

This stuff is a million times better:

GM rust penetrant and inhibitor heat valve lubricant #1052627.

See my answer to Uncle Ben and his hood latch. $9-12 a can, and the ONLY reason to ever go to a GM dealer!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Agreed, WD40 is quick and dirty in a pinch and is sold everywhere but I wouldn't use it as a permanent lubricant

Reply to
John

Yea, I'll second (third ?) that.

I've been using a Loctite "Cable and Chain" lube (green label spray can) as a WD-40 replacement for several years. It's about twice the cost, and a bit stinky, but it sure works well. Use it as M/C chain lube, too.

ByeBye! S.

Do you use it on micromotors? ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

WD40 is my favorite degreaser,

'nuff said.

Dave

Reply to
XR650L_Dave

But why pay the WD40 price when you can buy a gallon of "Stoddard Solvent" or "Mineral Spirits" for about the price of a 12 oz. spray can?

Reply to
nobody >

I've been working the same gallon of WD40 for almost 10 years, cripes, maybe 15, so price hardly enters into it.

Dave

Reply to
XR650L_Dave

LOL! About hits it squarely, doesn't it?

Reply to
Hachiroku