impreza 2.5 rear spoiler

Just acquired a 2000 2.5 coupe-5 spd--and as all of them -it has the 'large" wing on the trunk, tho not as big as the STI (basket handle). Sporty car it is , everyone agrees--and too bad they only made those coupes for a about a three year run--------tho MY wish is to replace the wing with a lesser flared design-if I remove this one ,four holes remain-----not wishing to fill 'em as in body work,just would be happy with the smaller wing I have seen on some lesser models of Subies. Any one know if the holes are the same?-Anyone want to trade up to a 2.5 RS wing? Any relating suggestions would help-TY -Pete

Reply to
Flexnet

Not sure if the '01 sedan wing has the exact mounting pattern that the '00 coupe has, but that's where I'd start.

In fact, that was one of the main reasons, besides having a rear seat that's accessible by most adults, that I chose the sedan over the coupe. While the full-on rally wing looks cool, it also screams "Hey, Officer!!! Look at me!!! If I'm not speeding now, I will be!"

Paul

Reply to
Paul Braun

...roger that, and I'll just that much more inclined to write you *now*, this ticket...;-) [1]

Steve LEO, with an 04 WRX [1] Yeah, appearances _do_ matter, okay!

Reply to
CompUser