need a part name for 2000 outback

hi all-

i lurk mostly, but post when necessary.. this weekend, i tore the plastic protector/cover that is under the engine in the front of my

2000 obw. you're probably familiar with it, it has a small flap in it that opens to get the the filter and hoses. it's about 3 feet wide in the front where it attaches to 2 small metal brackets...

anywhoo, i've been looking at the on -line catalogs but can find it and don't know the exact part name so i'm coming up empty. maybe someone here knows?

thanks much !!!

Reply to
moskiluv

Pull on the "handle" before all the plastic bolts were out did ya?

I don't, but I'd probably go to the dealer and shoulder surf with the parts guy to get a quote and a part number.

That said though, my handle has duct tape on it now (guess how I knew about the handle and there being one more bolt than I could plainly see?) and I don't use it anymore.

Salvage yard might be an even better place to pick up one of these on the cheap.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Moskiluv,

I think this is what you are after: Engine under cover: 56410AE06A.

I got mine from Subiegal (Jamie) at

Use the OEM catalog for pricing info:

Jamie is their internet parts manager: snipped-for-privacy@ChaplinsVWSubaru.com

All my orders have gone through smoothly and they accept Subaru Bucks.

HTH,

Greg in IN

Reply to
Greg in IN