Needs helps deciding what accessory to put on my legacy wagon

My goal is to be able to carry things I must have as I moved from one place to another for contract work (minimum 6 mos which might get extended or not) by myself in a trailer and a rooftop rack. I need help in accesorising my 2005 legacy wagon to carry the followings:

- office stuff (two my desktops, 2 printers (I will put my computer stuff inside my car)

- a printer stand, my desk lamp, 2 shelves bookcase, a hallway table like this at

a compact computer desk that fits the monitor and keyborad w/ nospace for writing

- a filing cabinet like this at

a foldable wood table like this:
all my kitchen stuff: microwave, toaster oven, juicers, 2 ricecookers+ pots+ the usual rest- a small round dining table (with foldable leaves) + 2 matchingchairs

- full size mattress and boxspring (for this I thought about a rooftop rack but I am not sure what weight my full size bed weigh) + the frame for my bed

- lamps for living rooms and bedrooms

- if I canfit in the space and weight is not overloaded for my car, a nice futon couch + a coffee table and 2 end tables (all are light)

- misc items such as air purifiers (2 of them), canister vaccum cleaner, dvd player, VCR player, 3 drawers plastic storage thing, materls makign shevles in closet, plastic shoes holders, etc.

Basically I am going to put all my bedroom furniture (queen size bed, dresser, chest draw, 2 nigth stands) and my big bookcase, bunch of books in a climate controlled storage unless I stay at a place for more than 6 mons. I would need a U-Haul for those otherwise. But I would like to carry my other things with me

I read about the rooftop rack at

I calledSubaru service and was told that the cross bar will hold up to100lbs. My bed is this size:

mm

Rent a pick-up for the weekend..... Money well spent.

Reply to
Porgy Tirebiter

Yep, or possibly pack and UPS (hold for pickup) to next destination. Depending on how often you do this, it could be cheaper and easier than a trailer. Trailers cost for license, reduce visibilty/safety, increase wear/tear on the car, etc. Can any of the tables/printer stands be replaced with cardboard boxes or otherwise 'rigged' AFTER arrival at new destination? Perhaps building a combination packing crate/printer stand before hand might work? If it must be presentable for clients, drape with a nice cloth.

I dunno

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan