New 07' Impreza Wagon

Picked up the car yesterday. They said the brakes and clutch are OK. Drove another before taking it, and it had a slighty firmer pedal, and the clutch grabbed a bit higher. Since they said it was fine, I took it, figuring I'D have to adjust things, If I could. Read you have to go into the computer to open valves in the ABS to bleed the system.

Car was Really noisy on the road. I had driven it a good bit a few days ago, and it wasn't loud. Maybe the different roads are the reason, or maybe I had a window cracked open. Lots of New fangled gizmos to learn how to use.

I live in a big Old city, in a small street, and trying to protect the car from all the attacks. Cover I bought doesn't fit, so have to find obne that does. This isn't my primary car. Just for some driving fun.

VF

Reply to
houndman

Hi, When my wife needed replacement run about, she narowed down to Impreza Wagon and Suzuki SX4, both fully loaded. She dediced on Suzuki. My family drives AWD vehicles always. For some reason she liked Suzuki better. I had it undercoated which made the ride much quieter. City driving gives ~10 Km/liter. B4, she had Mitsu mini wagon(LRV, 2.4L, AWD)

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Dunno what tires shipped on your car, but my Kumhos are noticeably quieter than the stock Bridgestones were.

have fun but be careful!

Carl (wagons rule!)

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

quoted text -

Have so many things to figure out, with all the new controls, ride, and things, and I have limitations from an devistating injury, plus I'm not getting any younger, but have a feeling the road surface could have been the cause of the noise. Will think about undercoating.

VF

Reply to
houndman

It has the Bridgestones. I thought they all came with them.

I have felt that different ties on the different axles of cars changed the steering and handling, and thought about it for some of the things I have heard about Sube's, understeer and the rear coming loose easily, but it mght be different on an AWD car. This weekend I will give it a good test, in the daytime, where I can see the road surface better. I was going over a bridge when I noticed it the most, and coming back over it. I noticed there was road work being done.

Wagons are great. I have had a full sized one, and now have a sporty one.

Being careful till I know the car, and what it can do, gradually.))

VF

Reply to
houndman

close the windows it's cheaper

Reply to
Bugalugs

That's rubbish. you'd have to be pushing really really really hard for that to happen.

but it mght be different on an AWD car. This weekend I

You appear to be getting too much uninformed advice/comment from some people who got it from their little ol granny who heard it 3rd hand from someone else in the rest home :)

Reply to
Bugalugs

I've been in the rest home long enough to know who to believe when it comes to things that go, boom chikie boom. Ozwald's hearing aide is noisy, so can't go by what he says. Hannah hears voices, so can't go by her. Mickey talks to himself, so he is out, but Rob. He used to work for Henry, and he knows those Model T's inside out.

FV

Reply to
houndman

My '07 Forester came with color coordinated factory undercoating. Have you crawled underneath and looked yet?

Reply to
David

I've driven the impreza for a number of years. Number 1 contributor of road noise I've found is transmission throught the rear wheel wells into the "boot" area which is just another way of saying into the passenger compartment. Love the car tho'..............Doc

Reply to
Dr.Colon.Oscopy

Haven't gotten under it yet. Been too hot, but plan to soon.

VF

Reply to
houndman

Will have to find the source of the sound and deal with it. If it is just some road surfaces, I could live with that.

Looked up recomended tire pressures and they were lower than in the tires, so that is the first fix. Will see what that does.

Yea, I know I'll love the car. It's what I wanted in size, body style and all. I don't need much in transportation, and my old car was more than enough, but I wasn't having enough FUN.)) I'm getting some exercise for my damaged body from rowing the gears. Can't play tennis now, and wanted an enjoyable way to get it. This is it.))

VF

Reply to
houndman

Before you rip out the seats make sure your side air bags aren't part of them. Dig you get the heated seats? They do wonders for an achy back. I'm having my lumbar facet nerves burned this Wednesday. Like cortisone only it lasts for years as opposed to months.

Reply to
David

When you find an empty parking lot with snow.. the hell with "gradually"!

Reply to
nobody >

Is that a Nerve Block? Prolotherapy feeds and rebuilds ligaments and tendons and keeps bones off the nerves, holding the bones in place.

The SVO seats don't have heat, but that can be added. The Mid Atlantic doesn't usually get that cold, and the seats are cloth. I used to have a wagon with vinyl seats, and a hound who used to jump into the drivers seat when I would leave them in the car. I complained till it got cold, and the seats were nice and toasty when I got in, and I didn't complain anymore.))

VF

Reply to
houndman

I used to practice skidding on ice in empty parking lots after I slid through a red light, coming down a hill. Luckily it was 3AM with no traffic. I got So good, that I stopped for a light on a crowded, icy downhill street, and the car behind me plowed into me. Now I check the mirror on all surfaces, and if the car doesn't look like it is going to stop, I am looking for an escape.(( I will be trying the Sube on all kinds of slick surfaces, to learn what it will do.

VF

Reply to
houndman

well, I read that you can. I Thought I wanted a switch to turn the ABS on when icy, but now I'm not sure. Guess I have to Test.))

In cities, every intersection can be ice up when it snows, from braking and accelerating for traffic lights and stop signs. I often apply the brakes hard just to see what the traction is, mid block or getting close to the corner, to figure how fast I should drive, or how hard it will be to stop. I will brake hard on roads with no one close, if I can't tell the traction there also. I also like to learn if one tire will grab better which could cause a spin, or one wheel locks before the others.

VF

Reply to
houndman

I seriously doubt that on slippery ice you can brake better than an ABS.

Reply to
David

Years ago, I got rear-ended 3 times in less than 2 hours on ice (and I was driving a 2WD Ford pickup with street tires!). Two totalled Toyotas and a $6K (in 1980) bill on a new Buick. The only damage to the p/u was the chrome cracked on the heads of the bumper bolts. The same cop investigated the first and third, he insisted I go home.

Reply to
nobody >

On Sep 4, 9:37 pm, "nobody

thanks for shedding some light for reason behind a pickup purchase. i suspected something like this, but was never quite sure :)))

Reply to
Body Roll