Newsgroup Limitation

I have sent the following to Verizon. I hope more do the same. They are eliminating access to all but 8 supergroups.

I have sent the following to the Verizon. I hope more will do the same.

Why are you deleting perfectly good newsgroups from your service? I routinely access the following" alt.autos.jaguar alt.autos.subaru alt.engineering.electrical alt.ham-radio alt.os.linux.ubunt rec.radio.amateur.homebrew If my access is denied, I will encourage my Senate and House delegations to enact legistation that will restore my legitimate access to these groups. I think the last thing you would want is more legislation on your networks.

Al

Reply to
Al

It's all about the children:

Time Warner is shutting down -all- usenet access for me this month.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Jones

I switched to individual.net after discovered that Comcast block usenet access from outside (e.g. when traveling with the laptop). I still got access to alt.*.

Reply to
AlFire

Check out Supernews:

Fix you right up, they will.

ByeBye! S.

Supernews is now Giganews, which isn't half as good. I use them, but am moving in a couple of weeks to news.individual.net. It should offer better service at a similar price.

Reply to
Catherine Jefferson

??? Supernews is still Supernews as far as I can tell; Giganews is something else entirely. A spin-off company maybe?

ByeBye! S.

Do you actually think someone cares about Usenet?

Back when I was a sys-admin at a major ISP in the late 90's, they were already calling it a non-investment service.

Elected officials will totally ignore you, as they can also care less about Usenet.

Reply to
Valued Corporate #120,345 Empl

You could try this ISP. I believe they cover most of the U.S. now. They still believe in this stuff.

Bob Noble

news.individual.net works well, fast, etc. the only downside is that retention of messages is quite low - like a few week into past. at list on the groups I care of.

Reply to
AlFire

When all the majors are gone, where will the traffic come from?

Reply to
Valued Corporate #120,345 Empl

They cut ALL the alt. groups I think.

Reply to