OBW rpm

Hi everyone,

I just notice an interesting behavier of the engine on my 04 obw with 12700 km, when I pump the break paddle and the rpm will goes up from the idle of around 550 to around 850 ~ 900 it will lasted for about 2 seconds and drops down back to 550 rpm. Does that indicate something has gone wrong or is that normal ??

Please advise.

Reply to
HHO

Normal. The power brake uses engine vacuum to give the boost, pumping the pedal changes the air flow momentarily.

Reply to
ed