Overheating ’05 impreza rs2.5

Hey guys, My Subaru randomly heats up, it can heat up quickly no matter what speed im driving and then be fine for the next week or two. I have taken it to the dealer and they cannot duplicate the problem. I told them it was probably the thermostat sticking etc...but they claim it tests out fine. I think I am gonna replace it this weekend my self as the dealer seems retarded. The second time I brought it in, they called me an hour later saying there was nothing wrong even though you can see that coolant has boiled out of the overflow bottle. I change the oil every 3000 miles and check coolant etc.. and I cannot see any physical damage or leaks in the radiator. Also, there is no evidence of water in the oil or steam coming out of the exhaust from a blown head gasket. Also the car has 30k miles on it and I do not drive

100mph everywhere with the air on. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks
Reply to
stickboy

Just remove it and see what happens, I had the same problem, temp goes up and down, but everything checks out fine, it was the thermostat...

Reply to
bungalow_steve