P0302, P0304 CEL codes

I've been getting CEL codes P0304 or sometimes both P0302 & P0304. Since these are indicating cylinder misfires on the same (Driver's) side of the engine, does this normally point to a suspect coil pack ? When I clear the codes, they disappear for a week or less.

Reply to
Jay Fowler

I replied but for some reason it didn't show up :(

Reply to
xblazinlv

A misfire can be caused by many things (ignition & fuel related), I wouldn't necessarily assume that it is the coil packs just yet. See if you can run a few tests and get to the bototm of the misfire. It will be cheaper than trying to replace your components.

Auto Forums

Reply to
xblazinlv

Check the plug wires first, especially if you have not changed them in a long time.

Check

for procedures on testing the cables andthe coil pack.

Etienne

Reply to
etienne