Question: Tongue Weight '00 OBW?

Hello, I would like to know the max tongue weight of a trailer hitch for my

2000 Outback Wagon. I am going to buy a trailer for my motorcycle, and I would like to be well informed before I buy. Also, I anyone knows how much the hitches cost that would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Reply to
Madison MacLard

With queries of this nature, it's wise to include your location - regulations are widely varied in different countries, not to mention prices.

Dave

Reply to
David Coggins

The 2005 is stated as having "improved" capacity, with a limit of 200 lbs tongue weight, so, in the absence of anything further, I'd suggest

200 lbs as your limit.
Reply to
Ricardo Montalban

Nominally, max tongue wt. is around 1/10th of max towing capacity. On my '03 Forester non-turbo automatic, max towing is 2000 lbs (USA) and max tongue wt. is 200 lbs. As I recall, '03 Foresters with manual transmission have max towing at 2400 lbs, but max tongue wt. stays at 200 lbs.

SubaruParts.com has the rcvr hitch for '03 Forester at 189+shipping.

YMMV

mikey.

Reply to
mikey

I've used these guys 4-5 times for hitches:

The Forester hitch is $169, shipped, including drawbar, and they've got a 10% off deal going now. What I like about these guys is that they usually put the installation manual for a hitch online, so you can see what you're up for before you pull the checkout trigger.

I've never waited for more than 5 business days for delivery to Connecticut.

Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge