Re: Knock sensor on '96 OBW

I'm getting an error code in my obd that says the reason my "check

>engine" light went on is that my knock sensor is not sensing. It goes >on to say that the older type has grey wiring and should be replaced >with one with white wiring. My question is, where on the (2.2L) engine >is this thing? And are they expensive? He reset things so the light is >currently off, but i expect it to be on again soon. Thanks in advance. >I'll check here for any response, but feel free to email. > >jim

On my '97, same engine, the light comes and goes of its own accord due to the sensor. Its off more than on, but tends to come on during highway driving. It's almost always off the next morning.I had the code read and reset by Auto-Zone the first time so I am assuming same problem keeps turning the light on. I certainly don't detect any knocking.

Responses to my post here and the tech who read my code suggested rather than a bad sensor, perhaps a corroded connection or a bare wire short. I haven't found the sensor yet.

Reply to
kaplan3jiim