Recommendations on Car wash/wax products ?

Hi , I just bought a 2003 Legacy L series wagon . Does anyone have any recommedations on wash or wax products ? My Armourall wash seems to leave spots , even when I chammy it . Also any ideas for interior cleaning , good or bad products . Thanks , Robert Baker

Reply to
Tony Baker

Wow you're gonna get a lot of opinions. And we may need to know where you're located. I like my NuFinish - it is a zinc cross linking polymer(no abrasives), not really a wax and it goes on well after a wash with Blue Coral. Easy to apply - OK to apply in sunlight (in Texas that can be important. Stays on well and will not trap particles like waxes can.

Try to get a 5 gallon bucket, when you wash, rinse the sponge out in the upper part of the water to keep from transfering any heavy dirt from the bottom of the bucket back to the car. Never use the sponge for other cleaning jobs.

I'm hearing very good reports on the new Mr. Clean car wash system.

I've heard some folks like drying the car with a leaf blower.(I may try this next time I wash)

Most folks say stay away from the powered buffers - too many swirl marks.

I haven't really found a bad product for the interior - but the wipes in pouches (for touch ups or the glass) I find are easier to stash and less frustrating to retrieve than the round wipe dispensers.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

T> Hi ,

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Reply to
Bryan Lee

Reply to
Edward Hayes

AFAIK anything with Carnuba.

Ron

Reply to
Rockin Ronnie

Reply to
Tony Baker

---> Mothers California Gold Original Formula Carnauba Cleaner Wax

Home Page:

one-eye'd kitty