Req: Need Help Determining front differential ratios.

Hi. I have a 1992 Legacy 2.2L with Turbo AWD. I have read that the differential ratio is different for the turbo than the non-turbo. And, of course, both front differential and rear differential must be the same ratio.

I can test the rear differential ratio without disassembling the rear, but I have not figured out how to check the front differential (which is part of the transmission) without taking it apart. I am really hoping to avoid tearing the front diff apart as the tolerances would need to be reset, etc.

Anyone know a good way to check the front ratio (ring and pinion) without taking it apart?

Numbers on transmission have not been helpful of I need somewhere else to look them up.

Thanks in advance, The Ole' Rep (not Subaru)

Reply to
<Rep

Find a dealer that will work with you to decipher the code. All I know is the turbo model had a 3.90 ratio and the nonturbo models came with a

4.11. Also the rear diff will have a metal tag with the ratio embossed into it.

-- Message posted using

information at

johninKY