Source of used parts

Recently my son turned me on to an on-line source for used parts, all makes, models.

enter your needs and it returns a list of all the member bone yards that have the part for sale. The switch for the drivers window on my 00 OBW had failed and knew it was going to cost an arm and a leg at the dealers. I gave this site a look and was very surprised to see a LONG list of salvage yrds offering the switch assy. You make a selection, contact the salvage yrd and place order.

What I purchased was the whole door switch module, $35 + $7 for shipping across the country. Seven days later I had the package and while the part was a little dirty, after clean-up it looked good as knew. Removed the old assy and snapped the replacement in. Worked like new. Part came with 90 warranty.

The best part was didn't have to spend a lot of time on the phone or driving around to all the bone yrds looking for the part or forking over big bucks to the dealer for the part. Short time on-line looking for the part and about 5 min on the phone placing the order.

The salvage yrd I dealt with was super. Sent them an e-mail asking about shipping and color of bezel on the part. Next morning I had a reply so I called to place order. They remembered the inquiry and the price quoted with shipping. Gave them my CC # and they said it would be shipping the same day. Took my phone # so they could call if the part didn't get shipped that day. Very painless.

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey