Standard Subaru tires

That's what I thought, too. Only when I bought a used car with the stipulation the too-worn tires be replaced before I'd accept the deal did the dealer have a choice of using some local tire dealer with a truck that could come to the dealer's lot to replace the tires.

Reply to
VanguardLH

Yes, of course they come from the factory with tires but every dealership for every car brand I've dealt with _also_ sold tires in their service department and those are sourced from some local tire distributor not from the factory. If the dealership can get the tires you can bet your a$$ that they will sell them to you and make a profit doing so. What sort of deal can be worked out on the 'used' factory tires removed from the car is something you will need to work out. You can bet that you will not get full credit for the list price of the OEM tires and you will have to pay for the labor of swapping and, if your local government imposes them, there may be other costs involved.

Reply to
John McGaw

But the factory changes its tire suppliers every few years, and so a model a few years old may have had different factory-supplied tires than the ones the current model year uses. So in that case, the dealership won't necessarily replace the older model's tires with the original brand, they'd just use whatever brand they are currently stocking or whatever their supplier is stocking.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Cameo's original question (the first one quoted above) was in the present tense, so presumably s/he is asking about current models. Each Subaru model comes with whatever tires SOA has chosen for that model, which has nothing to do with what brands individual dealerships might offer to owners of older Subies who need to replace the original tires.

I doubt that anyone here knows all the different tires that come with different Subie models, so it would be best for Cameo to call a local Subie dealer and ask, or to send email to SOA.

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter