Subaru Rx MY00

Looking at buying one of these, taking a test drive in a few days. Is there any problems I should look out for? I have already read a bit about the clutch shudder from previous threads. I don't think that will deter me from buying it though. Just thought a few ppl mioght have had some things to look out for. Thanks

Reply to
lkernos

Check the struts, especially the rears. They have been known to leak oil and require replacement (a problem in all Subarus, not just the Liberty / Legacy). There is also the (very) slight possibility of head gasket problems, but my Subaru dealer has told me this is far less of an issue (in this country - from your e-mail addy, I assume you're also from Australia ?) with the SOHC 2.5L compared to the DOHC 2.5.

Reply to
Losiho

Reply to
lkernos

Check the struts, especially the rears. They have been known to leak oil and

Australia ?)

Good call. Biggest problem with my OB so far has been an auto clutch pack failure (fixed under warranty) - but the manual avoids that nicely! Check for a good service history & talk to whoever's worked on it if possible. Pretty bulletproof if not abused though. Cheers

Reply to
hippo