tapping noise

Hello All,

I own an 03 OBW with approx 71000 miles. I recently had the head gaskets replaced due to leaking antifreeze... I have since noticed that on cold mornings upon start up , a tapping noise - I have checked the oill level and its fine. The noise usually disppears once the car warns up.

I haven't noticed this before the car was repaired.

Is this anything to be concerned with? Should I take it back to the dealer?

Thanx in advance, PL...

Reply to
Paris Ligi

If the tapping gets louder instead of just faster as you press the accelerator I'd bet it is an exhaust leak. If so, since all that was disturbed when the head gaskets were done the dealer should make that right.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Piston slap... known problem with the 2.5L SOHC engines. I've got this also on my '02 OBS and the dealer says thats just the way they are, lump it.

Subaru sales have got to be suffering from this ridiculous policy.

Reply to
Spudster