Mondeo Tapping

Hi,

I have a '04 Mondeo 1.8 (Duratec-HE), which has done 25k miles, if started making a ticking / tapping noise from the top of the eingine about 500 miles ago (after I filled up with petrol), this was accompanied with a hissing type noise from about 2500 rpm and which is only audible from the cabin of the car. I mentioned it to the dealer when it went in for the service 200 miles ago but they said they couldn't find anything untoward. Fuel consumption and performance are unaffected, is this likely to be anything I need to be concerned about?

Reagrds

Kipster

Reply to
Kipster

last time i had one of these to do it turned out to be the butterfly spindles with the inlet manifold and it was the butterflys rattling about to hear it the noise sounded like tappets new manifold was the cure its well known fault with ford take it back

Reply to
Mindwipe

If this noise is coming from the gearstick area I had a similar noise on my Mondeo 1.8 Duratec-He at around the same mileage. By lifting my foot off the pedal and back I could nearly play a tune on it.

Turned out to be a faulty Dual Mass Flywheel, (a different flywheel /clutch arrangement). Well known problem on this car according to main dealer. Repaired under guarantee but noise starting to come back at

60K.

Mine also making tappet sounds.

Reply to
Merryterry