TERRIBLE wind noise form 2002 Baja windows! help?

My girlfriend has a 2002 Baja

When driving it in a cross win there is terrible wind noise form the pocket are where the window meets the door frame.

I know nothing abt Baja..... but promised my gf to ask abt it and any solutions for it

Reply to
me

Take it to the dealer. Window tension is adjustable on these frameless windows. Also, there is a pinching trick that can be done to the gasket near the mirror that someone on this board knows--could search wind noise pinch in the archives on groups.google.com to find it I bet.

Reply to
Todd H.

OK thanks

But can I fix it myself as no local Subaru dealer.

Would have to drive two hrs away to the dealer

Reply to
me

Probably. Perhaps someone knows if the procedure is in the Chilton's manual? I think the tough part is getting the door apart without breaking anything on your girlfriends car and hearing about it forever. And heck, it might take 4 hrs of frustration to do it yourself. :-)

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Ha! True!

Maybe someone will post link to procedure

Reply to
me

Maybe. But the Chilton manual sets you back a whopping $20.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Would you describe the noise as perhaps a demented kazoo amplified way too much? Enough to drown out conversation? Only occurring when the cross wind is over say 20 mph and only from one side?

GreginIN

Reply to
Greg in IN

In mine, it sounds just like the stall warning horn in a Cessna. I keep trying to push the wheel forward, but it doesn't make the sound go away!

Reply to
Ken Finney

If the noise meets the demented kazoo description (or Cessna stall warning), I may have an answer.

Back in 2005 I applied 6 " strips of electrical tape over the windshield reveal molding rubber strip until the noise stopped. I then removed the tape bit by bit to confirm the location of the problem.

I took it to a automotive glass repair shop and they sealed the rubber strip in place.

No problems since then.

HTH,

GreginIN

Reply to